Photo Gallery

Login

Search

News & Updation

  • Updated Version
  • WJPPS introducing updated version of OSTS (online submission and tracking system), which have dedicated control panel for both author and reviewer. Using this control panel author can submit manuscript
  • Call for Paper
    • WJPPS  Invited to submit your valuable manuscripts for Coming Issue.
  • Journal web site support Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Saffari for easy download of article without any trouble.
  •  
  • WJPPS Impact Factor
  • Its our Pleasure to Inform you that WJPPS Impact Factor has been increased from  7.454 to 7.632  due to high quality Publication at International Level

  • ICV
  • WJPPS Rank with Index Copernicus Value 84.65 due to high reputation at International Level

  • WJPPS FEBRUARY ISSUE PUBLISHED
  • FEBRUARY 2021 Issue has been successfully launched on 1 February 2021.

Abstract

A PROSPECTIVE STUDY ON THE USAGE OF METFORMIN AND AWARNESS OF LIFESTYLE MODIFICATION IN POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROME AT VARIOUS HOSPITALS, PALAKKAD

Renatt C. Francis* and C. I. Sajeeth

ABSTRACT

Aim and Objectives: To monitor and assess the usage of metformin and awareness of life style modification in PCOS. Materials and Methods: A prospective study was conducted in various hospitals of Palakkad from November 2016- April 2017. A total of 207 cases were collected, in which 53cases were given metformin for treatment of PCOS Patients of age between 15-50years with polycystic ovary syndrome were included in the study. Results and Discussion: Out of 207 PCOS patients 50 patients have metformin therapy in which 68% were married, and remaining 32% were unmarried. In the present study, after administration of metformin the mean FSH level was decreased from 8.2±3.5 mIU/ml to 7.4±3.5 mIU/ml, the mean LH level was decreased from 8.0±4.2mIU/ml to 7.2±4.3 mIU/ml, and the mean prolactin level was decreased from 26.3±6.4 ng/ml to 22.2±6.5 ng/ml. 47.1% of the PCOS patients consuming metformin therapy were overweight. 41.5% of study population consuming metformin therapy were obese. Major concern of this study participants being irregular periods (27%), followed by abnormal hair growth (25%), acne (22.4%), and dark skin (21.8%) and remaining is difficulty in pregnancy (3%) etc. Life style modification include diet and exercise have major role in reducing the complications of disease. Conclusion: From this study it was clear that after administration of metformin, it shows significant decrease in the biochemical parameters like prolactin, FSH, LH etc No adverse reactions were recorded for the use of Metformin. So it is safe drug for obese PCOS patients. Efforts need to intensify creating awareness on the general public about PCOS, to improve the awareness about the disease.

Keywords: PCOS, Metformin, Awareness, Life style modification.


[Full Text Article]

Call for Paper

World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (WJPPS)
Read More

Online Submission

World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (WJPPS)
Read More

Email & SMS Alert

World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (WJPPS)
Read More