Photo Gallery

Login

Search

News & Updation

  • Updated Version
  • WJPPS introducing updated version of OSTS (online submission and tracking system), which have dedicated control panel for both author and reviewer. Using this control panel author can submit manuscript
  • Call for Paper
    • WJPPS  Invited to submit your valuable manuscripts for Coming Issue.
  • Journal web site support Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Saffari for easy download of article without any trouble.
  •  
  • WJPPS Impact Factor
  • Its our Pleasure to Inform you that WJPPS Impact Factor has been increased from  7.454 to 7.632  due to high quality Publication at International Level

  • ICV
  • WJPPS Rank with Index Copernicus Value 84.65 due to high reputation at International Level

  • WJPPS: SEPTEMBER ISSUE PUBLISHED
  • SEPTEMBER 2021 Issue has been successfully launched on 1 September 2021.

Abstract

PILOT PRODUCTION OF 5-HTP FROM THE SEEDS OF GRIFFONIA SIMPLICIFOLIA

Addotey J. N. A.* and Adosraku R. K.

ABSTRACT

The seeds of Griffonia simplicifolia contain substantial quantities of 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP). The effect of factors such as particle size, temperature and volume of solvent were quantified. Using two-way ANOVA, the percentage contribution to the total variation by the individual factors observed were: volume, 69.26%; temperature, 15.55% and particle size, 11.94%. The total contribution from the three factors was 96.75%. The remaining 3.25% can be attributed to interaction of the above factors. This confirms that the combined effect of these factors is synergistic. The best solvent system for the recrystallization of the crude extract was water/ethanol 20:80. Recrystallized 5-HTP which was obtained from seeds of Griffonia was assayed monthly over three months. Conditions employed were refrigerator (approx. 5°C), room temperature (approx. 30°C), 40°C and 60°C. The amount of 5-HTP present in the seeds was determined by High Performance Liquid Chromatography, using the HPLC method earlier developed for the direct assay of 5-HTP from the seeds of Griffonia1. The purified 5-HTP crystals were subjected to stability studies, assuming first order kinetics. The rate constant for the degradation was 1.059 E-03 day-1 at refrigerator temperature (approx. 5°C) as compared to 1.195 E-03 day-1 for that kept at room temperature. The t90 values for refrigerator temperature and room temperature were 99.62 days and 88.28 days respectively. The difference in shelf life was thus 11 days. This is considered economically not significant considering the cost of refrigeration.

Keywords: Griffonia simplicifolia, recrystallization, stability studies, pilot production.


[Full Text Article]

Call for Paper

World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (WJPPS)
Read More

Online Submission

World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (WJPPS)
Read More

Email & SMS Alert

World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (WJPPS)
Read More