Photo Gallery

Login

Search

News & Updation

  • Updated Version
  • WJPPS introducing updated version of OSTS (online submission and tracking system), which have dedicated control panel for both author and reviewer. Using this control panel author can submit manuscript
  • Call for Paper
    • WJPPS  Invited to submit your valuable manuscripts for Coming Issue.
  • Journal web site support Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Saffari for easy download of article without any trouble.
  •  
  • WJPPS Impact Factor
  • Its our Pleasure to Inform you that WJPPS Impact Factor has been increased from  7.454 to 7.632  due to high quality Publication at International Level

  • ICV
  • WJPPS Rank with Index Copernicus Value 84.65 due to high reputation at International Level

  • WJPPS AUGUST ISSUE PUBLISHED
  • AUGUST 2020 Issue has been successfully launched on 1 August 2020.

Abstract

A COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW ON CURCUMIN – A MULTI EDGED SWORD

 *Avinash Rangaraju1, Pragna Karipe2

Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Scient Institute of Pharmacy, Ibrahimpatnam,Khanapur village, Hyderabad- 501 506 A.P- India.

ABSTRACT

Curcumin (diferuloyl methane) is a well known dietary yellowpigment derived from curcuma longa belonging to the family zingiberaceae. It is a polyphenolic compound used as a food spice and has a broad spectrum of antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic, anti-mutagenic and anti-inflammatory properties. In the recent research findings of curcumin, it was found that it can also eliminate 3% of cancer stem cells present inside the malignant tumour and remaining 97% of cancer cells undergo gradual cell shrinkage which ultimately leads to cell death. Pharmacologically, curcumin has been found to be safe. Human clinical trials indicated no dose-limiting toxicity when administered at doses up to 10 g/day. All of these studies suggest that curcumin has enormous potential in the prevention and therapy of various diseases. The current review describes in detail the data supporting these studies.

Keywords: Curcumin, cancer stem cell, Cytomorphology, Micrometry, bioavailability, Crohns disease, Ulcerative colitis.


[Full Text Article]

Call for Paper

World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (WJPPS)
Read More

Online Submission

World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (WJPPS)
Read More

Email & SMS Alert

World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (WJPPS)
Read More